We are currently updating our system. New users cannot be added to the system until after 3/25/2017. Please check back after that for the new *BeAlert*/Smart911 Messaging System. Thank you!
Emergency Notifications straight from Emergency Responders to you!
The *BE ALERT* Emergency Notification System provides accurate, immediate emergency notifications from your local public safety agency to your cell, work or home phone, via text, email or voice message. Receive notifications about emergencies that may affect your home, workplace, child’s school, parents’ home, or any other locations within the Tri-County region of Charlevoix, Cheboygan and Emmet Counties.
- Evacuation Information for hazardous environmental situations or other emergencies requiring you to leave the area
- Weather Advisories for you or your family’s home, business, school, child care, or more
- Infrastructure Issues including Boil Water notices or similar alerts
- School Closing Information – numerous school systems have partnered with *BE ALERT* which allows school officials to send parents important notifications like building closures or other priority updates that parents need.
- Locations: You can choose to receive emergency alerts about specific neighborhoods, including around your home, workplace, your or your child’s school (as many as five locations)
- Alert Types: Choose what kind of alerts you want to receive, from weather to major road closures to water advisories
- Preferred device: Select how you would like to be notified, and in what order: personal or work cell, email, phone, text message, etc.
If you do not confirm receipt of the message on your primary device (your first choice for how you want to be contacted), the system will try your additional contact numbers or emails, in the preference order you specify, until it receives a confirmation from you that you received the message.
Should you have any questions or concerns, contact the us on our contact page.
Tri-County Office of Emergency Management