*BE ALERT* – Emergency Notifications straight from Emergency Responders to you!
The *BE ALERT* Emergency Notification System provides accurate, immediate emergency notifications from your local public safety agency to your cell, work or home phone, via text, email or voice message. Receive notifications about emergencies that may affect your home, workplace, child’s school, parents’ home, or any other locations within the Tri-County region of Charlevoix, Cheboygan and Emmet Counties.
- Evacuation Information for hazardous environmental situations or other emergencies requiring you to leave the area
- Weather Advisories for you or your family’s home, business, school, child care, or more
- Infrastructure Issues including Boil Water notices or similar alerts
- School Closing Information – numerous school systems have partnered with *BE ALERT* which allows school officials to send parents important notifications like building closures or other priority updates that parents need
Smart911 – No one plans to call 911, but now you can plan ahead!
The Smart911 Profile you will create provides 911 and First Responders with important information when an emergency happens. Smart911 is:
- A free service – provided by your community
- Private and secure – You control the information
- Saves time in an emergency – When seconds count
Get Started by clicking HERE!
*BE ALERT* – Your Preferences
- Locations: You can choose to receive emergency alerts about specific neighborhoods, including around your home, workplace, your or your child’s school
- Alert Types: Choose what kind of alerts you want to receive, from weather to major road closures to water advisories
- Preferred device: Select how you would like to be notified: personal or work cell, email, phone, text message, etc.
Should you have any questions or concerns, contact us on our contact page.
Tri-County Office of Emergency Management
Visit our 911 partners