Charlevoix - Cheboygan - Emmet
Office of Emergency Management
Emergency Management is an important piece of the public safety system in your community
The Tri-County Office of Emergency Management is Michigan’s only three County Regional Emergency Management program proudly serving the Counties of Charlevoix, Cheboygan and Emmet in Michigan’s northern lower peninsula. We are a full-time program providing 24/7, 365 coverage of Emergency Management duties across the area. Our main office is located in Petoskey, however we maintain three Emergency Operations Centers across the area with satellite service offices located in each County.
Emergency Management is a statutorily mandated function of County government under Michigan Public Act 390 (1976), and provides the following services:
- Coordination of all matters pertaining to emergency management in the county, including mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Emergency response scene support
- Direct and coordinate local multi-agency response to emergencies within the county
- Provide for the health and safety of persons and property, including emergency assistance to the victims of a disaster.
- Community’s liaison with State and Federal response partners
- Direct and coordinate the development of emergency operations plans and programs
- Advanced Incident Command support and training
- Maintaining mutual assistance agreements with neighboring Counties, and other jurisdictions
- Educating the public about emergency and disaster preparedness
- Training and exercising of Emergency First Responders
- Emergency Operations Center activation, readiness and survivability
- Hazardous environmental incident planning, investigation and enforcement
- Administration and management of the Tri-County Emergency Support Unit (ESU)
- Coordination of public information dissemination, and community notification and warning
- School safety and response planning
- Collect, organize, and disseminate school safety drill information for all schools across the Tri-County area as mandated in Michigan Public Act 12 of 2014
• Copyright © 2022 • All Rights Reserved