“The month of November is Military Family Month. This provides us all the opportunity to celebrate the sacrifices and contributions that service members’ families have made and continue to make”.
Some things you can do to show your support for our military families:
- Donate a Thanksgiving gift to junior-enlisted members and their families through the USO-Metro’s Turkeys for Troops!
- Create a Spouse or Service Member Care Package with items that would help either ease stress during a deployment.
- Adopt-a-Soldier for the Holidays
- Create a spouse care package for them to enjoy and help reduce stress during
training, deployment, and PCS moves and relocations.
- Thank an Active-Duty Member, Veteran, Military Spouse, or Military Child for their service.
- Visit war memorials with your family to teach your children the value of service
- Fly the U.S. Flag.
- Adopt a military family for the holidays by sponsoring a Food Basket or Toys for junior enlisted military families through the ASYMCA’s Operation Holiday Joy.
- Offer a military neighbor a bit a respite with volunteer childcare to get errands accomplished or to even enjoy a few hours to recharge.
- See someone in uniform? Thank them for their service or surprise them with a free coffee, dessert or drink if they are in line behind you.
- Make a donation or volunteer with a military assistance organization like the Armed Services YMCA.